Lovely Followers

Tuesday 10 November 2009

Impending Blog Sale

Just a quick post to let you know I will be having a blog sale. At least half the money made will be going to the Macmillan Cancer Support Charity. I decided to do this as one of my best friends is currently undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer and I feel so powerless and angry on her behalf that I would like to do something.


If you have either swapped with me or are a company and sent me a product please do not be offended, I just have to be ruthless about the amount I can keep! I hope that you feel better knowing that I will not be profiting from the sale of something I received for free and the money goes to a very worthwhile cause.

A lot of the items will be from my personal collection and as I am moving house soon (fingers crossed) now is a good time to rationalise!

I'll begin photographing and listing soon, I will probably start the sale in small batches in the next few weeks. If you're looking for Christmas pressies for others or yourself, you might find something you like here and know that half of the money you pay will go to help those fighting cancer.

If you are a company and wish to donate something to the sale (all of the money raised from those items will go to charity) I would love to hear from you with donations!

Please note that all payments will go through Paypal only with no exceptions. I will post internationally and let you know what the postage will be on a per "order" basis.

xxx

15 comments:

  1. yay - will be looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lipglossiping - thanks hun! I am not looking forward to photographing it all though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay looking forward to it too - shopping and a good cause to boot xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea. Sadly from personal experience I know what a fantastic job Macmillan do. I look forward to seeing your sale and hopefully picking up a few items. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.s. Thinking of you and your friend and sending good thoughts your way. True beauty is from within. Stay strong. We will beat it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful thing to do. =D You are such a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to the sale, even if I shouldn't be buying any more make up right now! And a very good idea to donate half the proceeds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and Great choice cause :). I will definitely be checking out the blogsale when its up. Shouldnt be buying anything, but if it helps a good cause then thats my justification lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats such a lovely idea. Can't wait to see it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to the sale too. A great cause and all women are concerned...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to the sale. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend suffering with this illness, Jasmine, give her our best wishes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all your good wishes, my friend is doing well and she is the bravest person I have ever met. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a lovely thought for your friend. Much better than chocolates. Good luck with the blog sale !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, hope the treatments work well for her.

    Reading your post reminded me of a very good friend who lost her battle with breast cancer not long ago. Through her involvements with breast cancer organizations in both US & Singapore, her participation in "breast cancer survivors" dragon boats racings, and other things she did, she managed to raise awareness about it. I salute you for chanelling your anger in a good way. All the best with the blog sale!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails