Lovely Followers

Saturday 1 May 2010

Simple face routine

I've just uploaded a simple face and body scrub recipe video tutorial to my YouTube Channel.

The recipe is
1 part runny honey
2 parts lemon juice
1 drop vanilla extract
1 drop essential oil (optional) Tea tree is good for blemishes, rose for calming and sensitivity.
1 dash olive oil
3 parts granulated sugar

This face scrub is lovely because it is natural and cheap too! It's also quite tasty, although I don't recommend eating it as it's so sweet!


I like to use this face scrub in a simple routine, when I have a bit of time to myself or am preparing for a special occasion.

So start your simple routine by cleansing your face with your normal cleanser. Apply this face scrub (after you have done a patch test for sensitivity and reaction) to dry skin. This recipe tends to make enough for your face and half your body, so double up if you want to do the entire face and body. Brush lightly, not too hard as it is quite grainy, and then rinse away with warm water.

Secondly you might like to try a face steam using rose petals or essential oils. Take a bowl of steaming hot water and drop in a drop of your favourite essential oil (avoid menthol) or some crushed rose petals. Place your face about 30 cm over the bowl for about 1 minute, closing your eyes and breathing normally.

Then you can wait for the water to cool down entirely and splash your face with the water, or just use fresh cool water or a flower water spritz.

Apply your favourite moisturiser or even a face mask. I have a recipe that I am planning to make a video tutorial for in the near future using avocados for dry skin!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. im looking forward to watching your avocado video - i hate my dry skin.. ! btw thanks for the tip on aloe vera (you blogged abt it aaages ago).. it literally saved my skin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this simple routine. It works great for me Jasmine! You are just AWESOME. I"ve also shared this with my mom and sis. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails