Lovely Followers

Thursday 17 March 2011

The Body Shop - Earth Lovers Shower Gels

A few weeks ago I attended the launch of The Body Shop's latest new range - Earth Lovers, a range of 100% biodegradable shower gels. I was lucky enough to meet Oxfordshire based cookery writer, Sophie Grigson (I have one of her books at home) and she talked me through how to grow a basil plant from seed. So far I have killed more than I care to remember. Fingers crossed as the seeds have germinated and are growing madly on a window sill at home.

I was also lucky enough to meet Donnachadh McCarthy, a top UK eco-consultant and I am reading his book "Easy Eco-Auditing" in the hopes of making my workplace and home more planet-friendly.
I picked the Apricot and Basil shower gel and so far I've been really enjoying it as it is soap free so gentle and non drying. It is thinner than some other gels but the smell is powerful, lingers on the skin and great for bath and shower. At £5 for a 250ml bottle it is more expensive than your average shower gel from Tesco (cue Original Source my usual shower tipple) but the scent is rather unique and reminds me of fuzzy peach... anyone else remember that? We used to douse ourselves in it at school and the boys used to say we smelled "fruity" and were confused by it.

So far there are five uplifting and delicious scents to choose from in the range. Which would you try?

Available now from The Body Shop.


2 comments:

  1. heh, i bought three of them last week; the body shop in vienna had a 3 for 2 offer. i love them all.
    Apricot & Basil, Pear & Lemongrass and the uncented one for headache days (because i usually can't tollerate scents then)

    apricot & basil smells good enought to eat i think!

    the watermelon as well as the cucumber one smelled a bit weird though, deffinitly not my thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered these with a 50% off code, so got a bargain! hope I like them as I only use natural shower gels!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails